"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today I was born... 24 years ago

Older now than I was before, younger still than I plan to be.
It is my birthday. My twenty-fourth. I always dread my birthday but I was really looking forward to it. Until that is, Steve came home on Monday and told me he had Staff Duty. Now, I get to spend the day alone with the kids again. We postponed my birthday dinner until tomorrow. We are going for sushi. I LOVE sushi.

Today I'm just hanging out, doing laundry and watching Bones. Steve taught Jax how to say happy birthday to me and Jax gave me a kiss and told me happy Birthday, Lily told me right after that. It's the first year someone else cared enough to teach my kids that. Tonight, I am having a cake that I bought myself with the kids before I dye my hair blonde then red. I want it to be really bright. I hope it looks awesome too.

I can't wait until my wedding day... I have red and white roses as my bouquet, my daughter is wearing red and white, my son is wearing red, black and white, my HUSBAND is wearing his Dress Blues aka Class A's aka ASUs. My bridesmaids are wearing red and blue dresses (2 red, one blue) and everything will be beautiful.

My Chaplain signed off yesterday on everything. We went over the ceremony and he agreed to the scripture verse I wanted and the moment of silence in honor of my father.

He also told us that he has confidence in us as a couple. That we have a great chance of having a lengthy and loving marriage. I just about cried. However, I did cry later, when my neighbor, a retired Chaplain (he was shot six times once) brought by a wedding gift for us. It's a lighted chapel. He said that it signifies the commitment he sees in our eyes, for each other, the faith and love we share with eachother and God. I was so touched and had tears in my eyes.

No one can tell me that the Military isn't full of these amazing men. Former and Current. I'm sure the future generations will hold just as many wonderful people too.

Anyways, I have to go. But Happy Birthday to me :)

Much love,
For now and Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment