"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, November 7, 2011

Daddy, I miss you

Daddy,

I miss you. So much. And I wonder what you would say to me. I'm getting married on Friday, which is just three days from now, really... and without you, I only have your flag to hold and a picture of you to look at... it's not the same... I can't hear your voice in my head anymore, I can't hear what you would say to me. It breaks my heart that I won't get one of your speeches, especially the one day I want it the most... I love you and I need you, but you're not here anymore. All I have is that flag and picture... all I have is memories... Why didn't you tell me the things I wonder about? Why didn't you answer the million questions I have for you when you could? I need those answers and there is no one to ask. You are gone and I can't help but wonder. I cried tonight, thinking about the wedding day, without you to give me away, without you to tell me whatever you are supposed to tell me... Without a picture of us together, all I have is your flag... I will take it with me that day, I will have you next to my heart with your coin and the only way you will walk me down the aisle is because of my tattoo in honor of you. It hurts that I can't have you there... but I know you will be there in spirit. I know you will be in my heart and watching over me. I love you, Daddy. And I miss you. With all my heart....

Always,
your daughter,
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment