"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks is more than giving.

Today I went to the doctors and spent over two and a half hours there for what seemed to be a half hour appointment when I booked it. I was there about my back. In Dec of 08, I had hyper-extended The right half of my back, including dislocation of my shoulder. Today was the first time I was taken for xrays. I had to get a shot of steroids in my butt prior to this and then go so I was in pain from the shot hitting a nerve. I ended up having around 15 xrays taken from my lower back to my neck. That will tell them where all damage was and still might be. I did get a couple pain relievers until my next visit which is great. The only problem is they do more to make me tired than to relieve pain. I am just glad something will be done. Already the army has stepped up when the civilian doctors did nothing at all.

Tomorrow is thanksgiving and we are going to Texas to visit Steve's sister. We are leaving later today and driving over where we booked a hotel and then will spend the holiday with her. We are not overly excited but I am told it will be a good time. I sincerely hope so because to be honest I am not looking forward to it.

The things I am thankful for are huge. I am thankful my husband came home from Afghanistan, that we were both engaged and married this year, that my children were given an amazing father and so many more things that my tired mind thinks of but can't give justice to, such as my health, his health, our children's health, our family's happiness, our amazing friends and family, both chosen and blessed with. We are very lucky. I am lucky.

Love always,
For now & forever,
Leah

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment