"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Life is good

I have a really bad cold or something. Over the past week, my house has been filled with coughing and sneezing. This weekend, we got alot less done than we had planned to. I do know that my husband and I are incredibly happy together, even though both of us are stressed.

On Friday, Steve got his tough boxes back. In one were his Military gear, and a few presents for me in addition to a bunch of letters from family members. In the second were his DVD cases and sadly, only a few of my letters to him. It seems most of them went missing. Now either the customs agent stole them or someone else did. It really breaks my heart because I wrote almost 200 letters and have less than 40 left. My presents were two beautiful Marble boxes (small and well designed with an Afghanistan map) One had an American Flag along with an Afghani flag. The other had a Canadian Flag with an Afghani Flag. He told me it was for his little dualee. :) He also brought me home a Coach bag that is super beautiful. I am using it now.

Saturday, I spent alot of time organizing the livingroom. I packed up two boxes of my books, sad thing is, that I have alot more books to pack when it comes time. I also set my stereo back up and played some of Michael Buble's new Christmas album. I had Steve put the tough boxes in the laundry room and he filled one up with his military gear, another with his tools. Between getting the laundry room organized and getting the tough boxes out of my livingroom, alot got done.

Yesterday, was a lazy day. Steve let me sleep in til I wanted to get up. He took the kids to church in the morning. Then when he got home, we didn't really do much. Football and relaxation. It was a good Sunday even though we missed out on the projects we planned to do. I did get the opportunity to see my little girl curled up sleeping next to my husband on the couch and I couldn't help but feel like my world is complete.

Today, it's six-thirty in the morning, and I am looking at my afternoon with apprehension. The kids have a doctors appointment from 1330 til about 1500. Then a playgroup and alot to get done around here. I have to pack for Texas, just a few day trip over Thanksgiving, and hopefully, get more done like I plan.

The trouble is being sick. Lily says her chest hurts, which makes me glad we have a doctor appointment for her. Jax and I are having trouble with our ears and coughing. I think our ears are the biggest irritation to us both. I'm glad they have appointments today and I have one tomorrow. I definitely need something just as much as they do. Steve is the only one who seems to have the antibodies available to fight his sickness, even though he's still slightly sick.

Anyways, life is good, even with the few minimal complaints I have.
I love my husband, my kids, my kitten and my life.

Love,
For now and Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment