"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, November 26, 2011

mixed review

Well, this past week was... eventful, to say the least. I am welcoming a new life while still dealing with my old one.

Thanksgiving was nice. I really like Dawn best of all Steve's sisters, and being there are five of them, I definitely have a variety to choose from. She is a great cook. Her boyfriend Kenny and his father and uncle are all very nice too. I would go into more detail but I'm currently on Percosets and my mind can't think too well at the moment.

We got back from Texas today around 5:30 and all day I'd been in severe pain. As it turns out, after going to the ER, my back tooth and wisdom tooth are clashing together to cause one to break and spread an infection. It's incredibly painful and I am scheduled to see a dentist in the morning to get them removed. I'm also on Penicillin to control the infection (basically to keep it from spreading) and Percoset to dull the pain. And I say dull because after taking two, (one at 11, the next at 12) I am still in pain and it's 1:38am. I have been struggling all day with the pain and I finally gave up and called BJACH (our Army Hospital). They told me to come in. When I went in, after waiting over an hour and a half, I finally walked out with my referral and pain medicine. My appointment is first thing in the morning and I'm nervous but I'm sure it will be fine. Steve says he's been there and they've always done an amazing job. Thank God. I'm so glad that I finally have my health insurance back, I have been avoiding going to a doctor and dealing with my pain for so long that giving into it and letting myself appear vulnerable made me feel overwhelming relief.

I'm not sure how active I will be over the next few days. I already let the girls on RBL know because I feel a strong responsibility to be there for them when they  need me and I've already neglected them yesterday and most of today.

I am fighting with Darrell again. Well, not so much fighting as telling him what I need him to do to have him refuse to do it. So there only leaves one thing I can do, which is go to a lawyer and find out how they can help me. Lucky, we're Army and the Army likes to give free Legal Assistance. :) Yay for that. Less stress.

It seems the Army has done alot more for me in two weeks than my entire four years living as a civilian. I hated that time in my life. It's filled with half-regrets and the only good outcomes were my children being with me, being raised by myself and my husband and now life is moving forward. My prayers are being answered. It's such a welcome relief and the fact that my husband has played my hero today and will do so again tomorrow just makes me feel so much better. I have a wonderful man who is everything I ever dreamed of. How lucky can one girl be?

Apparently very.

Love,
For Now & Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment