"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Friday, November 4, 2011

I barely slept last night that when I finally crawled into bed next to my fiance, I had written my wedding vows, watched the last five episodes of season Six of Bones and the first episode from the seventh season, worked a little on my Veteran's day tribute video and that was around three-thirty a.m. I finally fell asleep around four, and slept almost completely through Steve coming home from PT (I finally woke up a little but when back to sleep) and managed to wake up around 9 this morning.

Ever since I've been awake, my mind has been consumed by my wedding in a week. Exactly a week. Seven days. There are only so many hours between now and then and I feel as though a million things must be done before I can walk down the aisle and say my vows to my husband-to-be. My dress is here, I have my shoes, my petticoat, my bra (victoria secret is awesome), my cloak. I have my hair refreshed and looking beautifully red and long. Lily has her flower girl dress and basket. Jax has his suit and ring bearer pillow. Steve had his Uniform altered. My bridesmaids are picked out, my wedding is just about together. There is alot I have to get done over this next week, but the main stuff, the important stuff. That is done. 

I doubt I could be happier than I am when I look at him smile at me. When I fell into bed last night, he wrapped his arms around me and told me he loved me. He kissed me and held me. I finally fell asleep to the sound of his steady breathing and the bump-bump-thump pattern of his heart. He woke me up when he came home from PT saying he'd put the tv on in the livingroom, fed them breakfast and that I could sleep. He came and woke me when he left saying Jax was sleeping on the coach because our kitten had slept with him last night and apparently, he hadn't slept much. I finally woke up about an hour after that. And when I did, I woke up to the kids cuddling on the couch, their eyes lit up when they saw me and we watched Blues Clues together. It was nice to cuddle with them and just spend that time with them doing something simple.

Lately, we've all been so busy. The kids have their friends, I have mine, Steve has his. We have wedding plans, the military and college to deal with. We have so much going on. It seems strange that this hasn't been my life for years and years. After all, when you finally have everything you wanted, you can hardly remember what life was like before you had it.

Anyways, I have to go. Lots to do. 
Much Love,
For now and Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment