"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, November 14, 2011

Happily Married

My Husband... I love saying that. My husband. He is amazing. Over the past few days, we've been busy. Cleaning up after the wedding, getting our lives back to normal, getting me and the kids enrolled in DEERS and Tricare paperwork, getting my ID back... Overall, it's been pretty good.

The wedding was amazing itself. The ceremony was beautiful and consisted of my four bridesmaids (Becca, Ashley, Angie and Catie) and his four groomsmen (David, Austin, Pody and Hobo) as well as our guests and our awesome Chaplain. His mother and his eldest sister came out for the event. Pody graciously walked down the aisle with me and gave me away in "honor of" my father and they saluted my father's flag. Truly tear-worthy. After that, we lit our unity candle, made declarations and said our vows and then exchanged our rings, before the Chaplain said those amazing words "You may now kiss the bride" and then introduced us for the first time as "Mr and Mrs." It was a wonderful moment in our lives.

The reception was fun and the pictures were amazing. After the reception we went out to the Paradise and had another first dance as a married couple and got wickedly drunk. It was alot of fun. Our friend Palmer watched the kids over night and let us have our first night alone as a married couple. It was great. The next morning, we went out to breakfast, picked the kids out and spent a couple hours over at Becca and Pody's. Overall, pretty great.

Sunday was cleaning and football day. We watched more football than we cleaned but Hobo came by after dinner and we talked for a while. I love having such a good friend here.

Today we went and dropped off our Marriage License, followed by updating our Car insurance and then the Social Security office where I officially changed my last name. Then off to In and Out processing for my new ID card and enrollment in DEERS aka Tricare. When that was done, the lady smiled and said "welcome back" after having seen that I was a brat before. I laughed. Then the Finance office where we picked up the paperwork Steve's commanding officer has to sign in order to get our policy changed and such. Then we went by the PX where I bought a book with my new ID Card just to use my privileges again. Yes I'm corny like that.

Tonight, we watched TV and chilled together before having "cuddles" for the ?? time since we got married. Overall, life is amazing and I couldn't be happier or more blessed. I love my Husband and am so lucky he chose to marry me.

Oh Saturday was the first time he said "our son" and "our daughter" I just about cried.

For now and Forever,
Mrs. R.


No comments:

Post a Comment