"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Inside my mind

Sometimes I hate being a girl. Today I am cramping and to make matters worse, Steve has an attitude because he broke his dog tags and doesn't know where his other set is. I try really hard to be patient with him when he gets like this. I mean, the Army has standards and when you fail to meet those standards, you end up in trouble. Now, he didn't get in trouble but they had a tag check so he had to show them the broken tags.

Also, Steve has to work on my birthday. Which sucks. He's the staff-duty officer running security checks all night and if someone gets arrested, he's got to go fill out paperwork. It's so frustrating because there are only a few days that I care about... but it beats last year, with him deployed.

Anyways, I have another chaplain's appointment today. Our last pre-marital counseling session. I am so glad. We have been spending so much time preparing for the wedding, I nearly forgot that we haven't officially been cleared for the wedding, even though it's our Chaplain marrying us. I know today we will be. Today, we also get our marriage license application and I am so excited. There are only ten days until my stressed out fiance and myself are married.

And then all the perks and pitfalls of being a Captain's wife will be mine. There are alot of perks, not including having the most romantic guy in the world as my husband, and a few pitfalls that come with almost every Army marriage, and some that are the select few of officer wives. As an officer, the Army consider's Steve's marriage an extension of his job, meaning, they will expect me to do certain things for them. I mean, it won't be much, but what it is holds to a higher standard than any I've known before. I am very excited about the whole thing, despite where my fears lie.

Anyways, I have to go... I have to prepare for my counseling session, then tomorrow is my birthday and Thursday is date night. This weekend I have to do my final prep for the wedding.

Much Love,
For now and forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment