"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dedicated to my sisters and my husband

In my blood is the blood of heroes, the ones who served before.
In my heart is the strength of warriors, the ones who fought before.
On this earth is the blood of my blood, it was spilled for you and for me.
In a grave lays a man I loved, he sacrificed for all.
In my hand I hold the hand, of another faithful hero,
one who would go and fight, one who would gladly sacrifice, 
if it meant our children would still be free.
By my side are my sisters, the ones who wait with me.
In my ears, rings our anthem and the pledge that we all know.
In the mirror I see, the generations that came before, 
the men who bravely served and the women who stood beside them.
In my children I see the hope of a future without war,
I pray for them to stand tall and stand strong, 
for their life isn't easy, it's the one I lived before.

Now as we gather together, a family united despite the wars,
I pray that we will remain ever committed and ever united,
even as he puts on his uniform and heads for our door.
My father watches from Heaven's Gates, where all Heroes wait,
and I know my prayers must reach him first, before God can answer,
I pray my father fights with him, if only in spirit, if only in mind,
I pray that God gives me the strength to make it through this life,
A life that was mine, first by accident of fate, then choice and faith.

In my blood is the blood of heroes, so I shall be firm.
In my heart is the strength of warriors, so I shall never fall.
On this earth is the blood of my blood, and it is the last that will be spilled.
In a Grave lays a man I loved, but now he walks with God.
In my hand I hold the hand, of the one I hold dear.
By my side are my sisters, we fight the same fight too.
In my ears, our prayers echo each others, to keep our Country free.
In the mirror I see my past written on my face, the strength I have in me.
In my children, I see a future generation of those who stand tall and strong.

My sisters are different from yours, our bond a different one
Some share my story, others are just beginning theirs,
yet we are all the same, our husbands fight this war.
we are the ones who wait, the brats now grown into wives,
the girls from scattered places, civilians now turned..
We are the hidden strength, we are the secret weapon,
that our enemies do not see, yet we fight a fight more powerful
it's our prayers and our tears that keep this fight alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment