"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

So I am sitting outside at 2am, posting my second blog of the night. I can't sleep but I think I might soon. The pain medicine has finally kicked in.

Today, despite it's terrible ending and the horrible pain I was in part of the time, was a really good day. We left our hotel almost first thing and went to Longview where we hit up Target, Kohls and Hobby Lobby. At Target, I managed to get all of our wrapping paper, some bows, tape, Steve's stocking, a shirt that says "Naughty" on the front and "Nice" on the back and some ribbons for Lily's hair. At Kohls, we hit a major jackpot. In addition to getting some new shirts and a beautiful gray coat that I've been wanting for a long time, we managed to get a bunch of Christmas shopping done for the kids. Lily and Jax will be spoiled. I picked up a "First Computer" thing that hooks up to the TV by Leapster and two games for them, two disney dolls for Lily, a really cool Thomas Train thing for Jax, a puzzle for Lily, a chalkboard with alphabet and number magnets for Jax, some ornaments for them and a few other things that have slipped my mind. I also bought some more picture frames and those cute box shelves that hang on the wall. Oh, I also got Lily her first necklace that has an L on it and it's either her Christmas gift or her fifth birthday gift. It's a 100 dollar necklace I got for 20. Yes, I'm impressed too. :P At Hobby Lobby, we also indulged a bit. In addition to getting the yarn I needed for a couple blankets I'm knitting, we picked up a few cute signs (an Uncle Sam Army one and one that says "Do the kindest things in the kindest way.") a couple small chests with flags on them for Steve's ribbons and coins, a mail sorter that hangs on the wall, an "L" for Lily's room, and a few other things. All in all, it was a pretty great shopping day. 

We have a few items left on our list for the kids. A Wii, some clothes for both, and I'm debating on getting them some other toys. Truthfully they have a lot and are spoiled but I'm Mommy and I spoil. 

On my list is one big item, and it's pretty much all I want. A nice digital camera that I can take tons of pictures with. I don't want to do photography for extra money but it would be cool to submit some photos to art shows. I've been told I have an amazing eye. 

On Steve's list, I have to find him a new wallet and a tool box for all his smaller tools. He's constantly misplacing one or the other because he has so many. We ended up putting all his saws and sanders and other things in a tough box just to organize better, but he needs a small toolbox for his hammers, nails, screwdrivers, etc. Then our christmas will be magical! 

He really is the most amazing husband ever. I am constantly wishing I could do more for him, but he's already insisted that I don't. Today, we bonded more over lunch and shopping and even though I snapped at him a few times, he said he understood it. I was in pain (still am) and it was too hard to control my emotions, like I normally do. I just wish I didn't have so much I have to get done, but I do and I doubt I'll be going to do anything for a few days. It's so frustrating foreseeing a future where you know you can't really be of help and you are reliant on someone else, even someone as wonderful as Steve, to do it for you.

I do have to say this though, I hope I never lose him. We can't imagine a divorce (although, this early on, if we could, it'd be terrible!!!) and my fears with the Army will always be there, no matter how much or little the chances of something tragic happening are. He's my world, my hero, my everything. He holds my heart and my future in his loving hands and I can't imagine life without him in it. 

I love you, my sweet husband. I love our little family that will grow with love. I love our future, as open and uncertain as it is, because as long as you are in it, we are going to be fine. 

Love, 
For now and forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment