"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, January 9, 2012

Good to bad to good again.

Today was almost an absolutely terrible day. I had a horrible wake up in the middle of the night (which I explained on my 3am blog) but I had woken up later in a pretty decent mood. I had cuddled with my husband for over an hour extra (since PT was canceled) and had coffee brewing when I got up. All in all, a great start to the day. Made some calls that were practically useless then got the mail. The mail had my kids citizens born abroad paperwork returned to me because I hadn't reported them to the embassy (even though I had tried several times to do) when they were born. I then spent 40 minutes listening to a phone ring trying to call the State Department only to be told that I had to return to Canada to go to the Embassy to get it done. Are you kidding? Anyways, we've come up with a different plan and all will be well there.

My husband, in every attempt to cheer me up, brought home pizza to bake in the oven, let me relax and then we bought Kindles. The Kindle Fire and the Kindle Touch along with a few novels I've been wanting to buy for a while on the Kindle. I downloaded the Kindle app to my phone so I could start reading them and am in a pretty good mood now. I don't know what I would do without Steve. He is literally my source of comfort, security and strength. Before him, I survived, and it's my instinct to find a way to survive without help, but now that we're married, he allows me to vent and get it out so I can live again. And that's what I'm doing. I'm living.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment with the kids going to the CDC in the afternoon for a few hours so I can relax at the appointment and only worry about myself. Then on Wednesday, I have my back appointment (thank God!!) and the kids will be in the CDC again for even more hours. I am not looking forward to the procedure, but I am glad that I won't have to worry about them.

Thursday is Lily's birthday and she has Dance Class that afternoon, followed by Spegetti and cake and a small gift from Mom and Dad and one from Bubba to celebrate. Her party is Saturday.

Friday they have a dental appointment in Alexandria and I'm going dress shopping for the 1MEB Sweetheart Ball on the 3rd of Feb. I can't wait. It's the first Army ball since we've gotten married that we get to go to and I'm excited to dress up and spend some alone time with my hubby. I even had a few wives volunteer to babysit that night for me that aren't part of the 46th or any of the Companys bellow it.

Saturday is Lily's party and we have over 25 kids coming!! It will be alot of fun packed into three hours and I just hope my back can handle it. Otherwise, I'm going to be ready to cry by the end of the day. But with Steve, I'm sure he'll make sure I get to sit down as much as possible and do the majority of the work. My ex used to say he was the guy who got shit done, but he wasn't. Steve is. Steve pretty much wills something to happen and it does. He might have to work at it but eventually he gets his way. And I'm so grateful for that. I love him beyond belief.

I couldn't live without my husband. Without him, I'd be merely surviving. Sometimes, I have to remember that because I don't think I always appreciate what he gives me and I need to. I need to remember to be grateful for the love he gives me, I need to remember all that he does for me.



Love,
For Now and Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment