"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Insomnia




Insomnia. It's a horrible thing sometimes. Right now, I'm sitting on my bed, not even under the covers, with Beau sleeping at the foot of my bed (on the floor, because I'm not sure I got all the fleas or ticks and don't want any of those on me). I just spent the past hour or so fixing my "labels" for the blog, I always manage to forget to label as I'm writing so I had to go back over nearly 300 posts and delete some and label the rest. I got rid of most of the ones about my exes, because quite frankly, I don't want to remember those times later. Steve is sleeping in the livingroom with Luna because I can't take her hissing at Beau constantly. Beau pretty much leaves her be (even though she could be a snack to him, he's huge!) but she stalks him and hisses when he comes too close. She's not thrilled that I brought a dog into her domain. Oh, well! I'm watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix, because I'm that bored. It's almost 3am and I haven't slept at all. I almost fell asleep when Beau got on the bed and I had to get him off. He's such a big boy who wants to cuddle but I can't let him until I'm positive he's healthy. So tomorrow, I call the vet to make an appointment for both animals. Random thoughts spin through my mind. The stress from that unfounded complaint, the PCS, the whole selling the house thing, Beau, Luna, the kids, my husband, the Army... it's all so overwhelming and I need a relaxing time.

Steve and I were talking what we'd do on our leave between here and Fort Leonard Wood... We decided we'd go camping for most of the duration. Rent a cabin with the kids and the animals, go fishing, go hiking, enjoy some quality time together. It'll be good for us, all of us. Then when we get to Fort Leonard Wood, I have a lot of stress when I get there.

It's just so much stress. When will it go away so I can sleep a full night without it being drug induced (as in sleep aids, not anything harder).

But I am happy. My kids are thrilled to have a dog, I am thrilled to have Beau here. Steve is ok with it because he knows it makes me happy even though he's not so thrilled by the vet bills and the move with a dog, but hey, he loves when I'm happy and is happy when I'm happy, so that helps.

Anyways, time to try for sleep again. Exhausted and am really hoping I get some.

Love,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment