"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beau

Well, my day got better. Let me just say this::: No matter what, animals, especially dogs always make my heart feel better when I'm feeling very sad and very stressed.

Today, I saw an unfamiliar dog to the area wandering around, I had my husband whistle for him and he came over, we gave him some treats and put him in the yard so we could call animal control and see if someone was looking for him, but animal control was closed. Upon closer inspection of this dog, I discovered ticks, loads of them. So my husband, being the wonderful man he is, went to the store and bought flea-tick shampoo, spray and treatment and a deworming pill packet, just in case. When he came home, we fought to give the dog a bath, discovering even more ticks. We finally had him washed down really well and let him out of the tub, he shook himself all over my bathroom, my hallway, my livingroom before finally making it to the yard. We dried him off with a towel, and then started pulling the ticks out, I lost count around 20. I told my husband that I didn't think he belonged to someone because underneath all of his fur, he was boney and he has a limp. To be honest, I think he's old, like around 8 or so, and I think someone just ditched him. So after we plucked as many ticks as we could find, we sprayed him down with the treatment, then gave him the monthly packet that goes on his neck, fed him the two tablets for deworming, gave him food and water and let him inside. He'll need more baths over the next few days, and possibly a groomer in addition to a vet.

Even if he does belong to someone, the sheer neglect he suffered is enough to make me say that he is NOT going back to them. And he can't go to a shelter, he's too old and too big, no one would adopt him. So we are taking him in.

And here he is, now officially Boudreaux "Beau" :::








and Lunatic's reaction to him lol


No comments:

Post a Comment