"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finally, a good boring day!


I am a writer, at least I hope I am. I know being a blogger isn't the same thing but it's something. Not to mention that I've been attempting to write a novel for quite a while now. Sometimes I barely think I've written anything but then others I feel accomplished. But what Sylvia Plath said, how you can never write anything the way you want to, it's true...

Anyways, today was rather uneventful, thankfully. I woke up to Beau, as I normally do, and he'd broken a soya sauce bottle (bad dog!) and my son had spilled his cereal bowl. So I cleaned all that up, relaxed most of the morning and did some laundry. Today was a good day for the relaxing. I needed it considering the amount of pain I've been in lately.

Other than that, I just hung out with my babies (all four of them), watched Crossing Jordan on Netflix (still am) and continued reading City of Bones on my kindle. It's been a very good day in my book, a much needed good day. Every day has had something bad in it... last week was the infuriating army wife drama and my dental surgery and this week was finding out the dentist made a mistake and having to endure a rather awful day. So today being restful and relaxing was appreciated.

Tomorrow Luna and Beau have a vet appointment, which Steve is taking them to. For Luna, she needs her shots and her microchip. Beau needs a few other things. He needs to be dewormed, his shots, his microchip and I need to find out his exact age and to see if the 40 or so ticks that we've found (we found a few the other day and gave him another tick treatment) have done any damage to him.

I did discover that Beau definitely loves me and has no inclination to run off anymore. He likes when I let him out in the yard and when he comes in he gets treats. :) He also loves to sit on my feet during the day and he always lays near me at night. It's really sweet. And tonight, when I went to check on an injured cat (I heard it howling and Steve had mentioned that he'd passed one while walking Beau but it didn't seem hurt at the time, it wasn't there), he'd gone out to the front of the house and waited for me. Steve said he didn't even try to run. :) :)

Love,
Leah

PS. Photos above are too cute not to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment