"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I need Books in my life


I have made it my personal Goal to read 150 books in 2012. So far I've read 32 and on the 33rd Novel. Part of my Goal includes 25 classics.

The classic novels that I've added to my list include:

  1. The Art of War by Sunzi
  2. Crime and Punishment by Pyodor Dostoyevsky
  3. The Illiad by Homer 
  4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  5. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
  6. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
  7. The Divine Comedy by Dante Aligheri 
  8. The Social Contract by Rousseau
  9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I'm not sure what else I'll add to the list but I figure 125 fun Novels will be good to read including the 32 I've already managed to knock out. See, books for me are like mini-vacations. I'm addicted to books. I can't even say for sure how many books I've read in my life. There have been so many fun novels and so many classics in that list too. I have been reading as long as I can remember, even before I can. I remember reading Matilda and Time Cat and The Odyssey to a thousand others, at least. 

I don't think I could get through life without books. I'd rather go deaf than blind because as much as I love music and I love it almost as much as books, I am a visual arts person. From designing my garden to writing poetry to reading books, to painting pictures to dying my hair bright red and doing my makeup differently than most girls, to the clothes I wear. I enjoy being a creative person and if I lost my hearing that would be ok because it wouldn't affect me nearly as much, but my sight, my vision, that would put me in an artless world. 

Anyways, I finished the two Clockwork books over the past two days, and now I'm debating which book I'll read now: The Art of War or The Illiad or maybe I'll read Ruby by V.C. Andrews or City of Bones by the same author as the Clockwork books. We'll see. I'm going to sleep now, the pain in my head is still pretty intense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment