"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just one of those days.



I'm sorry for feeling sorry for myself. It's just been one of those days for me... My prayers still go out to the victims of the horrible storms that swept across our country and for all the families of every Soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor that never makes it home. <3 I'm sorry. It's just been one of those days for me.

In an effort to make myself feel better I thought I'd post songs that mean something to me... Starting with Kings of Leon ~ Use Somebody... While Steve's been deployed he got to take part in a British version of the USO shows and heard a band play the cover of it. He called me later that night and said he kept thinking about me and that it's one of our songs...
Recently, I reheard a song I hadn't heard in quite a while and it reminded me of why I love Steve, why I need him in my life. The song is called Last Train Home by Ryan Star.
And if you wait for me, I'll be the light in the dark if you lose your way... And if you wait for me, I'll be the voice when you don't know what to say. I'll be your shelter, I'll be your faith, I'll be forever, wait for me. I'll be the last train, I'll be the last train home.
That part always hits me so hard. I miss him with all my heart but I know he's everything for me.

The next song is probably one no one knows. It's called "No you, no me" performed by One Less Reason. It's an amazing song and I know who wrote it (not sayin names haha).
This song is so important to me. And the words never cease to be true.
I'm writing you a letter, at least I'm trying to, but I hate every single word I choose. I tore up lots of paper full of things I thought I meant that never would have wound up getting sent. I keep coming back to these four words, I keep writing them over and over..... NO YOU NO ME. It's a stupid kind of thing to say. I hope you get what I mean. And It's ok that I miss you more than I'm supposed to. It's hard to be No you, no me.

The last song I'll post is more my song... The song that reminds me of me. It's just true. I won't give up. I'll always be there for him. No matter what.

Ok. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment