"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dog wanted by Nick Kenny with commentary by me haha

Alright so last summer Steve and I went book shopping after we got tattoos at my favorite artist in all the world Spider in New West, BC. He's awesome. Anyways, we found this book of poetry by Nick Kenny, a former US Navy Sailor and former crew of the USS Arizona that sunk in Pearl Harbor. Anyways, he was an amazing poet and quickly became one of my favorite of all time. Tonight, as I am cleaning my room (insomnia strikes again, so might as well make it useful right? haha), I pick up the book, which is titled Favorite Poems by Nick Kenny, published in 1948 and opened to a random page and this is what it said:::

Dog Wanted

Wanted...a puppy who knows the art
of filling the ache
in a lonely heart!

Wanted...a puppy with a wagging tail
that can cheer you up
when all other things fail!

Wanted...a doggie to light the dark
with two trusting eyes
and a friendly bark!

Wanted...a puppy to calm the fears
Of a gallant lady...
and to be her ears!


Such a lovely poem and so very true. Good night. Sweet dreams world. Perhaps the sleep fairy will visit me, I'd even do with the Sandman, however he's far creepier (says the girl looking at her hanging head on a chain in the corner of her room that she named Marvin). 

PS. I'm wearing my LARMC scrubs shirt. It says "LARMC not for self but for others". It still means alot to me. Anyways I'm really comfy despite my sleep deprivation. Only XX days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment