"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Sunday, January 30, 2011

He's a Soldier, you see


His bags were packed, in the car waiting
He was to leave me early that day
He had no choice, this is his job
His duty resides so far away

Saying goodbye to the man you love
Heartbreaking when you just don’t know
The next time you’ll see his face
He’s a soldier, you see, he had to go

I know this war isn’t his choice
He’d rather stay but the Army says it’s time
So he will go and miss so much
He has honor and that’s not a crime

He pledged to defend when he took his oath
For love of Country, with God’s good grace
He has gone and taken my heart
To that so very far, distant place

The lack of him, a sad emptiness
In my chest, this lonely ache
I pray to God, every night and day
To bring him home for my sake

He’s a soldier, you see, his duty called
He lives by the values, the creed he knows
A man of Honor, Integrity and Strength
He’s a Soldier, you see, he had to go

The man I love has given his life
To the service of a greater love
This Soldier of mine has placed his faith
In this great land and God above

While he’s gone, I will wait
Protecting his heart, where I belong
He’s my only one, my very own Hero
I’ll be waiting no matter how long

He’s a Soldier, you see, and I’m his girl
Letters and phone calls keep me alive
Trying to live without him here
Until he comes home, learning to survive.

Just pray for him and his brothers
For my sisters and I carry that burden
The sleepless nights, lonely days, endless fears
Of day-to-day and worries of them

Remember them every day,
Never forget they are still there
It’s our Flag they wear, no matter the branch
They are our Heroes but we can share

No comments:

Post a Comment