"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, January 1, 2011

the ending of the first day of 2011

This afternoon I went outside and met some of my neighbors while the kids enjoyed the 50F weather we were having. I spent the day hanging out and talking with my new neighbors. Some good people. :)

The kids enjoyed playing with a few neighbor kids who chased them and played ball with them. It was nice to watch my kids get all worn out and laughing the whole time. I hope that tomorrow's weather is equally nice and I can do the same as today.



Today I got some bad news, well bad in a way, and relieving in another. My favorite teacher and mentor, Marm, had his mother pass away last night. It was sad news but in a way, somewhat good, as she had been suffering dementia for the past four or five years, and living in a home that she did not want to be in for the past two, due to her daughter and a guardian appointed by the state. It makes me sad that Marm lost his only true family but in a way, I know he sees it as the relief his mother had been wanting for some time and the guardian would not give her any at all.
So rest in Peace, sweet woman, who raised one of the finest sons a mother could ever hope for. God bless you and may you be met with joy and happiness upon seeing your Husband again.

Other than the sad news that has greeted me, I am pleased to say that a good friend of mine heads of to Parris Island to train to be a Marine. I'm very proud of him and he has always been a good person. I can't wait to hear about his graduation and perhaps I'll even be able to see him Graduate. Very proud moment. :)

As for other things, the kittens are doing fine, their eyes have opened and I have arranged a home for one of the kittens. Possibly the other two. I'm keeping the gray one and her mother, I believe. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's a possibility. I know the gray kitten beyond all facts. And knowing myself and my conscience, I will most likely keep Abby too.

Well I better go, it's getting late and I should relax and get some rest.

Love, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment