"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, January 1, 2011

thank you, 2010, for my Soldier

Dear World,

I can hardly believe that 2010 is over, that in an hour and a half, 2011 will be upon us. I am still amazed by the events of this past year. 

This time last year, I was living in a completely different place, with a man who didn't deserve my love, nor loved me back. I had a dog, whom I miss so much and was so far from home, it hurt my heart daily. Then the year passed and and alot changed.

I met this man, this amazingly honorable and sweet man who although I didn't know it at the time, would piece my heart back together and give me so much hope and faith for a future full of love, happiness and peace. That together we could have a truly epic and lasting relationship. He encouraged me in whatever dreams came into my fancy as well as found a way to protect me from the hardships this world sometimes placed in my path.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed that one person would share my dreams, happiness and energy. I could never see his face, but he was always there and I always knew he was out there, somewhere, in the world, that I just needed to find him and feel his heart with mine. I visualized the bond we would have and the courage he would give me to endure life's obstacles. All these years, I was with others, feeling my way through life, learning lessons that would would prepare me to become the person that I am now. I have been hurt and abandoned, I have felt alone and sad. Then one day, my eyes opened and I was that little girl again, realizing that he was there, finally, at last. That in my world was the man that I had dreamed of and I'd hoped would not miss our meeting in life... and that man is my Captain, my heart, my everything.



In 2011, I shall start the year with the love of my life calling me (or skyping, I don't yet know which). We have talked about our plans for the year and our wishes. He told me that this year will be the best year of my life, and I hope he's right, because as long as he is in it, I believe that it will be. I love him, with all my heart and soul, for now and forever.

Love, Leah

PS. I also begin School on Monday and he comes home for r&r in just a couple weeks. I am so thrilled, my heart beats faster whenever I think on it.

May the best of last year be the worst of next.

No comments:

Post a Comment