"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life

I realized this morning, after pulling myself out of bed, that I hadn't written a blog in a while. Between all that has been happening, the dental surgery and all that, I really hadn't had time or energy to put in. Not that I have much energy now, but I thought I'd better start writing again before the lapse grows too much.

The surgery went well and while the pain lasted more than I expected, I am fully healed and happy with the results. I am happy that it's done with.

There are so many Army things going on this month. Right now, Hubby is the Rear D on a Field Training Exercise. I don't know too many details but I am glad it's only field problems. Rear D, for those who don't know, means he is at Post while the others are in the field.  This weekend is the FRG bakesale, not something I'm looking forward to, but I am the Hospitality chair, so the FRG leader, Casie, and myself, plus our kids and husbands will be at the PX this Saturday selling homemade cookies and wrapping presents. It's for our FRG fund. Next week are several Christmas events, including a Dozer lighting followed by the Company Christmas party and then on Friday is the Christmas Lunch for the S-3 office, where my husband works.

This Saturday, Steve is taking the kids to make a Coal car at Lowes. He is looking forward to it and has really embraced being a father. It's truly a beautiful thing when he comes home from work to the kids yelling "Daddy, Daddy's home" and demanding hugs. Lily loves to get hugs and give him a kiss and tell him that she missed him, while Jax loves to be picked up and tickled. No one would ever know that Steve wasn't their birth father if they didn't know from direct fact. He is everything to them and he loves them so much.

Last night, we got our Christmas tree and set it up. It's beautiful with white lights and tinsel. We are going to decorate it tomorrow, with the ornaments and all that. I did wrap the kids presents and put them under the tree. So far, there is only one present for Steve under the tree and that's his Christmas Eve gift, which by tradition is an ornament and none for me. But I know my husband is going to get me my camera that I've been asking for. I know because I asked for it and he usually gets me everything I ask for, which is why I limit myself and don't ask for much.

This morning was Mikowasch, or St. Nikolaus day, where St. Nikolaus comes and puts small gifts in children's shoes. My kids loved it. Lily got two small "my little Ponys" and a Little Mermaid Pez thing and some chocolate coins. Jax got two small Monster truck toys, a Thomas the train Pez and also recieved Chocolate coins. It was cute to see their smiling faces and, even though they don't understand the holidays quite yet, they know it's Christmas and that Santa is involved. I just wish they weren't so afraid of the Old Man.

Lunatic is good. She's wild and rambunxious but she's sweet and even the kids are starting to grow very attached. I often see them cuddled together with her at night. Sometimes, she rotates from kid to kid and ignores us all night. It's a really sweet sight. The other day, Lily and I were watching Christmas movies together and Lily held Luna through the entire movie with the kitten purring. Lily felt so special to have Luna's affection. Jax and Luna are different, they play together. One is usually chasing the other and they both seem to find the game fun.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say right now. Life is good, much better than last week.

God Bless our Troops

Love always,
For now and Forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment