"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-Bye 2011

2011 is coming to an end. And this year, I can't help but count my blessings. I am married to a wonderful man, have two beautiful kids who are just the lights of my life, and a life that I never expected in a million years.

When Steve came home from deployment, I was the happiest I'd been in a long time. I thought that life couldn't get any better. I have my hero home. Safe and sound. I mean, when you talk about blessings that's the number one on my mind.

Then, after meeting his family, after realizing that I am not what they expected, and yet, still having him love me, to need me in his life, that was another blessing I didn't see then, but I do see now.

Shortly after that, he proposed to me, and I had a wedding to plan. And second to my wedding day, that was the best day of my adult life without having childbirth involved.

And then on November 11th, I married my husband and became an officer's wife. I woke up the next morning to being a wife, to having a husband who is the love of my life. Who is a million and one things that I can't even begin to describe.

And now, being married, being an army wife... there are so many blessings. I have more now than I had before.  I have a good life. Even my husband is worthy of pride. He received the bronze star. How could I not be a proud wife?

And my children, they love him so much. They see the uniform of the US Army and it reminds them that they have family everywhere. Aunt Becca, Aunt Catie, Uncle Campbell, Uncle Palmer... etc. The wives and the soldiers. To them, just like it was to me, they are all family.

Christmas was filled with joy and love and yes, lots of gifts. I was blessed more than I can even type. My children got a wonderful Daddy, who loves them. I have a husband who would do anything to see me smile, who overlooks my flaws to focus on my good qualities. To me, I won the man lottery. I found the best man and I am blessed.

So, it's time to say good-bye 2011... I look forward to what 2012 means.


No comments:

Post a Comment