"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Sunday, December 11, 2011

Busy, hectic, frustratingly perfect moments in life

Today, I had the FRG bakesale. It went really well. We raised more than half the money that we had in our FRG account. Which was great considering it was dead. At one point, I saw a few Air Force Captains and called them over. I have always been one of the more outgoing people I know and I yelled "Air Force" accross the PX and they looked over and I waved them over. "You should support an Air Force brat," I told them, "To prove that Air Force is just as cool as the Army." After donating some money for only two cookies, they waved and smiled, told me that they were glad to support 'family' and left. After that I taunted soldiers with that fact. "A Few AF guys donated, don't let them outdo you." One guy told me "I hate the AF" and donated a dollar more than they did. Another guy told me he was just as cool and donated a ten. It was pretty awesome. I think everyone was a tad shocked by my tactics of using an old age rivalry and my family connections to the branches to help, but it worked and they were impressed by the end, especially considering that we only sold half of the baked goods. I ended up taking the rest home to hold until our Christmas party on Wednesday.

After that I went Christmas shopping for Steve. I got him a book about the best NFL moments of all time, a nice blue shirt (he usually only wears those), Tim McGraw cologne, Hickory Farm sausage and some belgian chocolate. There are only a few things left on my list. After I got his presents, I ran into Casie, the FRG leader and her husband, Joesph and told them what I got him and what I was planning still, which is a retro throw back Walter Payton Jersey from 1986 Chicago Bears. Even Joesph was impressed and gave me his approval. I had to laugh and joked that it was to make up for beating my husband at home. Steve will be so surprised. He has a few Jerseys already and needs this one because it's awesome.

Oh, yea, last night, I finally dyed my hair back to dark brown. It's been so long since I had my natural hair color and it looks exactly what I remember my natural color being. With it's length and darkness, it suits me well. Someone actually gave me a compliment I never expected. They said I looked like "that chick off the Vampire Diaries." They are referring to Nina Dobrev, and I don't see it but I'll take it. It's a beautiful compliment considering she's gorgeous!

Anyways, Today was good. I was busy and stressed for some of it, frustrated a few times, but it was filled with perfect moments like cuddling on the couch with my husband while our kids climbed on top of us and giggled, like him staring at me while I blow dried my hair naked (because my theory is why get dressed if my shirt will wind up soaked, so I blow dry it then get dressed), like the moment he took the kids into the PX to get my Christmas present (well, stocking stuffer), which I already guessed (first try, he sucks at keeping secrets for me, which is awesome), like when he took the kids to the parade so I could shop, like cuddling on the couch after eating french dips together.

It was a really great day. And I'm glad to know my life is what it is. Busy, hectic, frustrating at times, filled with perfect moments with the love of my life and my beautiful babies.

Love,
For now & forever,
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment