"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Friday, December 9, 2011

Scatter-brained

I have a hard time over the holidays. Most of my Christmases have been letdowns, but this year, I'm hoping the streak ends. The last good Christmas I had was 2003, when my Dad was home and got me my guitar (which I have back but needs strings) and before all the bad stuff happened. I spent so many Christmases wishing for a good one. Last year, my husband was deployed and we weren't married. So many questions were in the air. I was waiting for R&R to truly celebrate and that didn't happen for over a month after. I was waiting for answers to the questions I had, which I now have.

Our house is decorated, stockings are up, tree is decorated, presents for the kids underneath, a present for each of us underneath. I have to start my shopping for Steve soon, probably later, after I make the cookies for tomorrow's FRG bakesale, and there is so much I have to get done. I have to bake the cookies, make a dessert for our Company Christmas party, plan a dinner for Sunday for an old OCS friend of Steve's who is about to deploy to Afghanistan (his wife is also a Captain and already deployed so he hasn't had any home cooked meals in a while), and alot of other things. 

The Unit is almost back from the Field. They come home tonight, just in time for all the stuff tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, Steve is taking the kids to Lowes to work on a "Father-kids" project followed by our Bakesale and then a parade. Sunday is probably when I'll be having the dinner for Steve's friend. It'll be a good weekend, if not a very busy one. 

It's not the only thing either. Lily's birthday is pretty soon and I have to plan her birthday before Christmas so I can have the time after Christmas to get it together. We're going to have a party for her. I have also been working on a blanket for Lily and am hoping to get it done by her Birthday, which is just a month away. I also got a beautiful "L" necklace for her fifth birthday. She deserves her first piece of jewelry and it will be a big occasion for my little girl. It's exciting. My baby will be 5 soon. 

We also might have a couple's retreat at the end of January to go to. :) The Army has things like that all the time. I hope so, I can't wait for it. A weekend alone with my husband, the kids at home safe, us in Houston (that's where it is) and an amazing time. I can't wait for us to have time together. It's either we go to that, (which would be free), or we go to New Orleans for Valentine's Day. I'm good with either. 

Anyways, I'm hoping to get alot done today... and I'm sure this was extremely scatter brained. 

Love, 
For now and forever,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment