"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Thursday, October 27, 2011

To my old enemy

Once I was angry. Yes, I'll admit, I spoke harsh words to you and about you. Wished for your pain, wished for your suffering. And for that, I am sorry. Because I never really saw the joy that I have now coming into my life. When I hated you, I'll admit, it was something more akin to the desire to have what I felt you stole from me. In reality, it was never really mine.

Soon I am getting married to my true love. My real soulmate, Steve. He is wonderful and everything I ever wanted. He is there for me during my greatest joys and comforts me during my greatest sorrows. In fact, I have never known someone as loving as he is to me. He loves my children as much as I do and laughs with me about their cute phases and helps me when I don't know what to do. He supports all my dreams, fights off my nightmares, protects me from those who would hurt me, and loves me with all of his heart. I know that he and I are perfect for each other.

Our wedding is soon, which makes me happy that you have found what I have with my ex, despite how much bitterness once lay between us. I am not angry and I hope you are not either. I forgive you for the things you said, even if you don't feel sorry because to hold onto that anger wouldn't do me any good and would hold me into the past.

As I said before, on your very blog, I am happy for you when you are happy, I am sad for you when darkness strikes. I would hate to see another suffer, especially now that I harbor no ill will towards you. May you have everything you have always dreamed of and more. As I certainly do.

Peace, love, and happiness.

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment