"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Sunday, March 14, 2010

how old would i be if I never knew my age?

Gazing into my reflection, I wonder,
How old would I be if I never knew my age?
Have all these experiences made me older?
Has all the heartbreak made me colder?
Or do my dreams keep me young?
Do my hopes keep me warm?
My twisted journey through the weeds
Tangled up and scratched and nicked
I never managed to keep the trail
I’m so far from where I started,
So different from what I knew,
Now I’m somewhere completely new
With no ties to anyone, no roots to anywhere
A gradually sudden ending precedes
A new beginning, a fresh chance to try again
Inside I feel the fears and doubts eating me within
I take a deep breath to gather strength
And courage to start anew.
Looking in the mirror I wonder
How old would I be if I never knew my age?

No comments:

Post a Comment