"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, March 29, 2010

....

No magic mirror or sequined mask could hide us from our inner selves,
we don't need a long gaze to know who we are,
a quick glimpse with a blind eye could render a million confessions...
it's what we choose to let in which will ultimately let us out,
it's how we choose which causes the effect
and right now no one wants an easier life than I.
And I remember, I remember everything,
the happy, the sad, the vacant, the highs,
the lows, and the laughter no matter what the cause.
And I miss it, probably more than I should,
because it was such a warm white spot in my life,
like the eye of a hurricane
or that comfortable silent moment after my memories fade
and before my nightmares begin.
Somewhere in there I found it and I've been longing for it ever since.
But the world revolves, life evolves, hearts resolve, everything is changing.
And through this ever shifting series of events
we find ourselves in need of pause and reflection.
Sometimes it can be good
and sometimes the face staring back at us is more than we can bare.
In time this will all pass,
in time this will all be nothing more
than a dusty memory sitting upon an aging shelf
in someone's senescent mind,
in time it will crumble
like the remnants of a decaying photograph and we won't have to look at it anymore.
Scars won't heal if we pick them,
and recollections won't fade if we keep remembering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment