"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One step closer

So Today is one day closer to being reunited with the love of my life ♥ I'm super excited and starting to get really panicked at the same time... A year is a long time and things do change. Just physically speaking, my hair is longer, my skin is darker, my face is a little older, I have a few more scars than I had before he left... Not even to say the ways I have grown as a woman.

I have grown and matured over the past year. Raising my kids and doing 3 moves by myself was tough... but somehow I managed to pull it off. I discovered the true strenght of my spirit, the true hight of my endurance and the true nature of... my soul, my heart, my purpose. I have realized more of my flaws while living entirely on my own (besides my children). I've learned what I can handle alone and what I can't. I have witnessed the best in myself during moments I was forced to overcome myself and do more than I had ever done.

I have also found more purpose over this past year than I have had in a long time, at least since working at LRMC in Germany. I founded Recruited ByLove, which made me realize my true dream in life: To be there for the American Military and the families and to find a way to make a positive difference in their lives. So far, I am limited to offering support and smiles. 

I have changed. There's no doubt. I just hope he loves those changes as much, if not more, than the me he fell for. It would break my heart completely if he doesn't. 






No comments:

Post a Comment