"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day, Monday May 30, 2011


I remember my father’s face and I realize that I’ll never see him again. I’m the daughter of a man who served and died under the American Flag. He believed with all his heart that it was his duty, his privilege to fight and die for his Country. He believed in Heaven’s Warrior Angels, that the gates of Heaven are guarded by those United States Servicemen who bravely stood and fought in the dead of night and the burning fires of the day. He believed the greatest gift a man could ever give was his life for his child’s freedom. He believed it was a fair trade, to die in place of another who could live. He believed there wasn’t a choice when it was you or your brothers, if you could save them, it was always them. I don’t know how many times he almost died. I don’t know how many times he almost didn’t make it home and I never will. Secret missions in foreign, far-away lands, danger around every corner, I’ll never know because it eventually caught up to him. He gave Death many others before his time came and when it did, he didn’t hesitate, but willingly went with his brother to the other side. My father is a warrior, even in his Death, for you see, he defends the kingdom of Heaven in all its Glory.
It's Memorial Day and it's a hard day for me. I am always saddened by the loss of life and the fact that it seems unpreventable in realistic terms. I love my friends and family that served. There is no greater love than that of a man willing to give up his life for his friend. God Bless those who serve, past, present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment