"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

queen of hate

A troubled thought enters my mind as the waves of silence wash over me
A brief reminder of the bitterness between us,
The True bond, never fully formed, wasn't merely broken, but beaten into submission
Your lies flow so smoothly accross your poisonous tongue
but your voice betrays every word you say, the venom soaking through
The influence you shed is so toxic, and your hate is so cruel
Your cold indifference displays the extremes of your selfish nature
No more excuses, no more pretending, the symptoms are just too clear
You are a disease, spreading misery to everyone around you
For my own protection, the sacredness of my soul,
I cut the ties that bind us and shield my love from you.
You are the Queen of Hate, but you seem to forget my own claim,
Born of your Hate with the will to love, the Queen of Hearts you made me.
The King of Spades, a glorious mix of Strength and Courage, fuels my purpose
The end of your plague has come and I'll be well on my way.
Goodbye to you, Queen of Hate, mother to my very name...
Remember this sacred truth, when you think of me,
the fault of this does not lay with me, my soul is clear of the blackened taste
There is only one you can blame when your own child kills you from their lives,
I did no wrong, my heart and my head are clear, you are the Cause, the fatal flaw
With this final thought, there is a peace to this silence that surrounds me,
A freedom from the burden I carried for far too long and for far too far.
My Destiny is now mine, glimmering with new hope, with the dazzling shine of Love,
Faith fuels me, confidence builds me and patience carries me through...
Goodbye to you, oh the toxic memories, goodbye to you, burned and buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment