"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm feeling better with a Devils win!!!


If you don't know this about me, you should know I'm a hockey fan. Like a huge one. My team: New Jersey Devils! Yes, I am a proud member of the Devil Army and I am a huge fan (maybe even bigger than of the team itself) of Martin Brodeur, the goalie of the Devils. Well, tonight my team is in the playoffs against our biggest rivals the Philadelphia Floaters (Flyers, I really hate them). And we won!!!! It was a huge win too! 4 to 1 and an awesome win. All 4 points were earned in the 3rd period and it was epic. I can't say this enough, but Hockey is my favorite sport of all time, only followed by Soccer and Football. Then Baseball. But Hockey, well... there's nothing like it. The fierceness, the endurance, the strength, the talent... Hockey is a game where you'll see some of the most aggressive action in the world and the most fights on the Ice and then you'll see the best teamwork and the most graceful actions by men that you wouldn't consider graceful anywhere else. And Martin Brodeur, well he's the best goalie in History. Seriously, 3 Stanley Cups, 2 Olympic Gold Medals and countless broken records under his belt. Plus he's one of the few players who made a career out of ONE team. I am an adoring fan and wish with all my heart I could see him play. A part of me is hoping that it'll be St. Louis vs Devils just so I can go to a game here. I really hope so.

Anyways, I'm stoked about the win, but I'm also excited because for the first time in almost a week, I'm feeling better. I'm not sure how it happened. I think it's just things felt so bad that there was no where to go but up. So I went forward and one thing led to another and everything came together to make me feel better. Steve wanted to go out to dinner tonight and got a call from the Library. Guess who left his ID card in a computer? Yep, my husband! Haha. So I had to drive him on Post to grab it. And then we left the coupons for dinner at home so we drove by the Hub (German restaurant here that I love!) and it was closed and as we were looking for a place, I saw a steak house and we decided to stop. My God, the food was great! Colton's is what the place was called and we had a great dinner. And we had fun. It's been a lot of down time lately that having actual fun kind of surprised me, but we did. And I'm glad. We needed it.

So all in all, a Devil's win and a great night with my family made for an amazing evening here. and I'm happy. I just hope tomorrow holds the same minus the hockey part because I don't care who wins tomorrow's games. Devils play on Thursday. :)

Much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment