"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Smiles

smiles are hard to fight when you feel special to someone
and tonight you made me feel special to you
thank you for the smiles, you never fail to inspire
the confidence you fill me with, and the sound of your laugh
the way I feel so comfortable and melt into your slight accent
I hope you always inspire this feeling of overwhelming smiles
the way you make me laugh, the way you make me dream
I sing these country songs and dream of you dancing with me
all the little messages pass between us, like notes back in school,
little jokes and private laughs only made for us two
this smile is just firmly on my face, inspired only by you
you are a hero and I am awed
I hope that this will be good, maybe this will be love
maybe this is all like luck, go all in to find it
I am a foolish girl to feel like this
But I'd rather be a fool than the girl who never tried...
and until I have to stop, I'll be smiling at every note passed,
at every conversation, the sound of your voice, laugh, smile

No comments:

Post a Comment