"Leah, Leah, Leah, my dear sweet Leah, how does your garden grow?"

My true love has my heart, and I have his. Together in marriage, together at heart. In good times and hard. In sickness and in health. For now and forever.


Saturday, September 12, 2009

confessions

Illumination of my soul, inspired by a lovely friend not forgotten at all...
I feel myself relax and my eyes close, the dreams of yesterdays dance before my eyes
his face, his smile, his laugh, his eyes, always full of joy, always quick to smile
a second glance at a fading photograph fills my heart with vivid feeling
Inside my soul, there's a secret he never knew,
a confession my painted heart refused to share
but what would have happened if I'd been discovered
would it have been sophisticated and sweet or beautiful and tragic
I'm convinced it would have been worth it all
His soul is still so pure, so beautiful, a warm white spot in a cold black storm
I contemplate my life, my past and my present,with visions of a senescent mind
He couldn't understand the yearning I felt back then
Just to have his smile, his eyes, his face, full of joy just for me
He couldn't understand the way he mesmerizes me with everything he says
The trouble with love is it's elusive nature, it's there buried deep within
The flight of the gifted, the blessing of the true
What if one moment changes everything? What if I had only tried?
I think of how he's become so enlightened and I reflect
On a time that never passed, a memory that was never formed
Another life, another time, a euphoric daydream of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment